Fashions fade, style is eternal.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Outfit 57: Magic Shoes and Target Finds

 I bought most of the pieces to this outfit just yesterday, and I've learned that the sooner you wear something you just bought the more exciting it is. If you let something sit in your closet for too long I think some of the magic wears off! It's just starting to get a little bit cooler in the mornings, and this scarf is a favorite of mine and a perfect way to warm up this outfit. I got a lot of compliments at my small group tonight (not work, surprisingly) but the fact that it still looks decent after a full day of work is definitely a good thing! This is a truly "thrifty" outfit, each piece was a good find, so I'm pretty excited about this outfit as a whole.

Scarf - $5 The Finicky Fox


This scarf was a find in Richmond, at a consignment shop in Gayton Crossing called The Finicky Fox. It was hidden on one of their back racks, and was only $5! It's warm and well made, so I knew it was a good find right away. The fact that it's gold, teal AND glittery just made it that much more exciting to buy. I had some of the girls at work tell me they were going to steal it from me they liked it so much! I'd have to take it off first though, and I wore it all day today!

Blazer - CHKD Thrift Store - $5
 I could have sworn I featured this blazer before! It's a favorite piece in my wardrobe, not only for its thriftiness but also for its practicality. It's navy, and goes well with anything I have that's brown or gold - which is a lot. I found it at a CHKD thrift store in the summer of 2011, and it was only $5! It's New York and Company, so I knew the quality was good. And it's served me quite well- I wear it frequently and a blazer is such an easy way to dress up an outfit or make it look more professional. The other piece I'll talk about here is the tank top - which is a Target find. I LOVE these tank tops - they're perfect for work! They're only $9, and Target releases new colors each season. This is one I picked up yesterday, and it's one of my favorite colors to wear right now. So it made sense to wear it today :)

Skirt - Target - $12


I also found the skirt at Target, on clearance! I always have luck there. It was only $12, is navy (matches my awesome blazer) and has pockets! So it was a no brainer. I think I tried it on for a total of 5 seconds and knew I had to get it. It's actually quite comfortable, is fitted enough so it keeps it shape throughout the day, and is crisp and professional looking. I'm very pleased with it. And, did I mention pockets?!?!


Shoes - Chic Envy - Gift




So, these shoes weren't truly a part of my outfit today. I had them in the car, and originally planned to wear them with the outfit, but then thought better of it when I found an alternative brown flat to wear. The brown flats vs. high heels all day winner was the flats... comfort over beauty, today! I still want to feature them though, because they are "magic shoes." When I went to Chic Envy in Fairfax with my best friend about a month ago, she actually picked these out for me and said - they're your size, you MUST try them on! So, to appease her, I did. I thought they were cute, but too pricey ($45, though they are Steve Madden). So I put them back, until I tried on this perfect dress... that needed a pair of heels to be tried on with it! So I went back and picked these up. At that moment, they became the "magic shoes" - they made EVERYTHING I put on look so amazing! Since I wasn't too keen on spending that kind of money on a pair of shoes, Bess offered to get them for me as an early Christmas present. I have a hard time saying no to that... so, magic shoes!

The earrings were featured in Outfit 55, and the shoes I actually wore with this outfit were in Outfit 52
Total cost: $31

No comments:

Post a Comment