Fashions fade, style is eternal.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Outfit 1: Plaid Halter Dress

Ready for a hot summer day!





This outfit came together at the last minute this morning. I originally was going to wear skinny jeans and a vest, but after checking out the weather forecast I decided to open my dress closet! That's right- even though I'm a starving college student, I keep my dresses in their own closet, with a separate shoe rack for my heels!







Belt: $3 - Village Thrift, Newport News VA
I pulled out a dress I'd never worn, because I wasn't sure how to wear it. My parents went on a company trip to Jamaica back in April, and my mom got me and my sister matching dresses!  When I first tried it on, it fit weirdly, but I decided to try it again, and perhaps add a new belt or a cardigan to it. I added a pink and gold belt and a cardigan that I bought while thrifting- and the shimmery silver color of the cardigan complemented the brightness of the gold in the belt!
Cardigan: $2.50 - Massey Cancer Center Thrift Store, Richmond VA
Shoes can make or break an outfit. The shoes I picked for the outfit are a new personal favorite- black sandals. They're flats, so much more comfortable to wear, and they have accents of gold on them as well. I bought them a week and a half ago while shopping in the Williamsburg outlets with my boyfriend and my sister.

Shoes: $20- Factory Brand Shoes
And now for my favorite part- my jewelry! I bought the hot pink threaded earrings in June in Virginia Beach. There was a stand on the boardwalk, and they had a sale on their earrings- 2 for $5! I had been looking all day for a pair of threaded earrings, but couldn't find any I liked. But these were perfect! I snatched up a pair of bright blue and a pair of hot pink earrings. When I took them out of the baggies, the pink ones broke. :( I took them home with me a week later, and my amazing aunt was able to fix them for me! So, this is the first time I've been able to wear them!

Earrings: 2 for $5- VA Beach
My ring is a recent addition to my butterfly ring collection- purchased from none other than Forever 21! One of my favorite stores, Forever 21 started selling a TON of butterfly rings this summer- and my goal has been to collect them all.  The one I'm wearing today is actually two rings (well, I don't know what they're called- look below) and it's an understated butterfly with gold accents. I love it for the rustic feel, and how it's not too much for such a big ring.
Ring: $5 - Forever 21
I love today's outfit- especially because I got to wear 2 things I hadn't worn before! And the dress was the perfect weight for such a hot day!
Dress: A gift from my mom.
Total Cost: $33

3 comments:

  1. ZOMG look at you so pretty!

    (Such an unprofessional first comment)
    But still, the first! Go me!

    And especially go you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress and the belt together!
    the butterfly ring is really pretty, I love this outfit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I am the first follower:) Can't wait to read more!
    Love,
    Your sister:)

    ReplyDelete