Fashions fade, style is eternal.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Outfit 10: Butterfly Dress

Butterfly Dress!




This outfit is perfect for today- one class, hanging out with a friend (aka shopping), and going to have a picnic dinner at the river! I was originally thinking about wearing a shorter dress, but a picnic dinner doesn't really work well when you have a short dress. So, I went for the one long dress I have- my butterfly dress!







Dress: BJ's- Gift from Mom
The dress was a gift from my mom went I was home earlier this summer. She and I were out shopping, and we stopped into BJ's to get food for my sister's graduation party! She told me she had just bought a white dress from there, and thought of me because it had butterflies on it! Because I hadn't seen the dress yet, she took me to where she got it in the store so I could see it, and then surprised me by getting me this purple dress (not the same as hers, but similar)! I absolutely love it! It's so light and comfortable, and is unlike anything else I have!

Belt: $1- CHKD Thrift Store


My brown and gold belt was a great addition to the dress- it adds a more defined waist and breaks up the pattern just enough! I got it at a CHKD thrift store last semester, for only a dollar!





Bracelet: Penelope's- $40 (8 years ago)
My bracelet is a very sentimental piece of jewelry for me. When I was 13, one of the popular jewelry stores in my hometown was Penelope's. I'm sure it's still a popular place, but I'm not home much anymore so I wouldn't know! Anyway, I had saved up my money to get something special from Penelope's. When we went in (my mom, my sister, and myself) I spent probably an hour deciding what I wanted to get. I fell in love with this bracelet- but it was $40! That's a lot for a 13 year-old. My mom asked me multiple times if I would actually wear it, if it would be worth it... if I was sure I wouldn't lose it. Well, I guess time has answered that! I love this bracelet, and I love that it goes with everything! It's absolutely gorgeous.
Earrings: Village Thrift- $4


My earrings (not a great picture of them, but good enough!) were a more recent purchase from 2 years ago. I got them at my favorite thrift store, Village Thrift, for $3.96. They're gold with a pearly design, and I love them for being so classic. I was thinking about wearing my pearl studs today, but those didn't quite fit- these did! 

Necklace: Forever 21- $4

My pearl necklace is from Forever 21- so definitely not real! They were $3.80, and I thought they would be a nice addition to my jewelry when I bought them last week. They're classy too- and match the earrings well!





I've worn my shoes for Outfit 1, and the cardigan I wore for Outfit 4 so they're not here pictured here. I really like this outfit- it's very free-spirited but still very pretty. And, I feel like a butterfly!
Total Cost: $36

No comments:

Post a Comment