Fashions fade, style is eternal.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Outfit 6: Butterfly Converses

A favorite outfit!


This is one of my favorite, go-to outfits. It works for any season, and is trendy and casual! I obviously am completely obsessed with butterflies. Not only am I working on a butterfly ring collection, I have other butterflies scattered throughout my wardrobe and my belongings. I love what they represent- freedom, life, color, and transformation. They are symbolic of everything in my life, and that's why they are so special to me. They are also absolutely beautiful!!!



Jeans: $12 Plato's Closet

I got the jeans at Plato's Closet over winter break when I was out shopping with my sister! They were a deal- $12, and they fit perfectly! They're a dark wash skinny boot leg cut, which is perfect for heels, or for my converses! I can wear these jeans almost anywhere- and they always look good!

Shirt: $3- Kohl's


The black shirt I found for a deal- $3 at Kohl's! It was on a clearance rack, and it's a few sizes too big, which is actually perfect for this style! It's so comfy, and I think it's shrunk since I got it. The belt ties it together beautifully! I always wear a blank tank top under it, but that's just for comfort and out of habit rather than for the outfit.

Belt: Ross- came with a dress!


The black belt was a lucky find! It came with a dress I bought at Ross in early August- and is just what I needed! My other skinny black belt had started to wear out, and this one is much better quality.


Shoes: $22 (Gift)- Shoe Carnival
The shoes are an absolute favorite! I was never a huge fan of converses, but when I walked into Shoe Carnival one day to do some shopping with my mom (back in high school, so at least 4 years ago) I saw them and absolutely had to get them. My mom insisted on buying them for me- and I'm SOOO glad she did! I've gotten tons of compliments, and I feel on top of the world when I'm wearing them- I've never seen another pair like them. Definitely one of the best investments of my wardrobe.

Bracelet: $3 in a set- Village Thrift

My bracelet was a thrift store find from the summer! When I was doing some shopping with a friend, I went through the jewelry section in my favorite thrift store, Village Thrift, which is right down the street from school! They had a bin full of baggies of jewelry- they had put pieces they were similar together, and marked them down tremendously. The bracelet was in a bag with at least 4 other pieces of jewelry- and was only $3! It's a little tarnished, but I think that gives it even more character. I absolutely love it!

Earrings: $1.50- Forever 21

My earrings were a recent purchase- about 3 weeks ago at Forever 21! They were a steal- only $1.50! It was a no-brainer, I had to get them! I've gold hoops for a while, and used to wear hoops a lot when I was younger. But as I grew up I just didn't see them as fashionable. Well, my view have changed again, so I had been on the look out for a good pair of hoops. And, I found them!





I LOVE this outfit so much. I also love that I can switch up my jewelry to change the feel of it!
Total Cost: $42

No comments:

Post a Comment