Fashions fade, style is eternal.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Outfit 46: Black and White Tunic and Black Flat Boots




This outfit was a lot of fun for me to wear- most of the items were all new! And if they weren't new, it was the first time in a long time I'd been able to wear them. I wore plenty of layers since I was out and about most of the day, but there wasn't anything in particular I wanted to include in the blog, so this outfit is on its own without the scarf, hat, or coat!







Shirt: Target - $3

This shirt was a clearance purchase over a year ago from Target. I think it was only $3? I fell in love with it immediately- the beading is beautiful and the pattern is so lively! I also love the whimsical material, and the length of the shirt. It ties in the back, which you can't see, but I like that extra touch about it too. However, one of the strings that ties broke off after I wore it once! No wonder it was on clearance... But when I was home over winter break, I looked through my closet to clean out a bit, and my mom was able to stitch this one up! So I'm excited to have it back and to be able to wear it!

Belt: Target - $0.50
As you can see, I accessorized the shirt just a little bit. The green tank top brightened it up, and the belt gives it some shape! I got this belt the same time I got the gold one in Outfit 44, for only $0.50 at Target in the dollar bin! I really like this one because it's sparkly- so it's different than the skinny belts I already have that are also black.


Boots: Wal-mart - $20
These shoes are the end of the story to the boots in Outfit 43! As I was searching everywhere for black flat suede boots and FINALLY gave up when I found gray ones, I was a little disappointed but figured I'd be just fine with what I had. Then I went to Wal-mart to get some random things when I first got back to school, and thought I would just take a stroll down their shoe aisle, just in case. Go figure. They had black flat suede boots IN MY SIZE and for only $20! Yep, it was a no-brainer. At first I put them back, but when I got to the line to check out and realized it was forever long, I took that as a sign that I needed to spend a little bit more time in the store and buy the boots. And I am glad I did!

Necklace: Gift

Finally, the necklace was a Christmas gift from my sister. She actually gave me 3 pieces of butterfly jewelry for Christmas- a ring, a necklace, and a belly-button ring! I love them all. But this one is really pretty because it's plain silver and I can wear it with almost anything. It's quite lovely!




The pants (hand-me-down) were in Outfit 42, and the earrings ($5) were in Outfit 4, Outfit 9, Outfit 32, Outfit 33, and Outfit 37
Total Cost: $28.50

No comments:

Post a Comment