Fashions fade, style is eternal.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Outfit 43: Purple Turtleneck and Gray Boots

This outfit ended up being absolutely perfect for the day. I wore this on the first day of my classes, and I spent from 11AM until 7:30PM in class. Yuck. BUT what I wasn't expecting was actually going out for my lab! We went to bird watch, and it was FREEZING COLD. I was so glad to have a turtleneck, flat boots, and a warm jacket as part of my outfit. I can't imagine how cold I would have been otherwise- I still wasn't able to feel my toes or my fingers by the time we were done!





Jacket: Hand-me-down

This black jacket was also from my mom's closet! She didn't want it anymore, and I don't say no to cute jackets. I love that it's long, and it's also very warm. It's a flattering style, and comfortable to wear over anything. It also looks good over almost anything, so I was especially glad to have it out in the field :)


Turtleneck: Target - $5
 I got the turtleneck over break as well- for some reason I decided that I needed at least one in my wardrobe. And I'm glad I did- it was really comfy! I was out shopping at Target with my parents, and my mom started pulling out the ones on sale for me to try- this was the only one left in my size and in a style that was flattering. It was only $5, so we had to get it! I'm glad to have it- my wardrobe was missing this!



Boots: Target - $10
The boots were also from Target- but they have quite a story behind them! I really wanted to replace my pair of black flat suede boots. I love the pair I got two years ago- but they are very worn out, and I wanted a pair that was a little bit more dressy but could really be worn with anything. Plus, I have too many heels in my shoe collection, so I'm starting to wear more flats. So, I started searching. My mom and my sister both got an awesome pair that I wanted as well from Payless, but when I looked they didn't have any more in my size. I looked online. I looked at all the stores my mom and I went shopping to, but couldn't find anything! So my last day of winter break, I went to Plato's Closet, TJ Maxx, DSW, Kohl's, and finally Target. I couldn't find a decent pair of black flat suede boots that were close to my style or price range anywhere! Instead, I found these boots! They were a lucky find too. They were an online return, so they aren't sold in the store. Someone had bought them online, and then returned them to the store- and the only pair like them were in my size! And they are SUPER comfortable. The best part? They were $10!!!

Necklace: Gift
This necklace was a Christmas present from one of my amazing residents. It was such a nice surprise, and a really sweet gift! I, obviously, love butterflies, and I have plenty of butterfly rings. But now I have an awesome butterfly necklace to wear with them! It's a different style than anything else that I have, and I love that it's brown and be- it's very hard for me to find anything with that color scheme to match my outfits!



The jeans ($12) and earrings (gift) have been in previous outfits: (Outfit 6, Outfit 11, Outfit 22, Outfit 24, Outfit 28, Outfit 31, Outfit 35, and Outfit 40) and (Outfit 5, Outfit 30, Outfit 31, and Outfit 34), respectively.
Total Cost: $27 

No comments:

Post a Comment