Fashions fade, style is eternal.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Outfit 42: Black Corduroy Pants





This outfit was the first one in a long time that I actually put effort into. I wore it over winter break, right after my mom had cleaned out her wardrobe. It's amazing the things she passed down to me- I think the next few outfits have at least one thing from her old wardrobe in it! Anyway, it was a little chilly out, but since I was just hanging around the house, it was comfy to wear inside. 





Pants: Hand-me-down $0
The black corduroy pants were from my mom's wardrobe! She's at least one size smaller than me, and was getting rid of things that are too big on her now. They are a little bit tight on me, but really are comfortable. I love the look and feel of corduroy- it just adds something to an outfit. I can't quite put my finger on it though. Anyway, the only downfall to these pants is that I didn't really have any shoes to wear with them, since they are unique. But the boots work, and since then I've added another pair of boots (featured later) that work very very well with these pants.
Shirt: $3 at Kohl's

The tank top was a new buy- $3 at Kohl's! I thrive on those after holiday clearance sales. And tank tops are always a "must have" in my opinion- I wear them all the time- on their own, layered, or just underneath other tops to provide warmth. I also love lace- I just think it's so fun and feminine, and when its in moderation it can really glam up an outfit. Having the tank top in green was just the last selling point for me! (Not that it was ever a question in my books).



Cardigan: $3 at a thrift store
This cardigan was also $3, but I bought it at a thrift store back in October! I've had it for months, but haven't found the right outfit for it. It's a difficult color for me to pull off, but I love the buttons on it. It's also a great fall and winter color, and with the gold in my necklace and the green of the shirt, it pulled it together nicely. Hopefully I can find other things to wear it with- or it'll be out of my wardrobe quickly!



The earrings ($15), necklace (gift) and shoes ($5) have been in previous outfits: (Outfit 11, Outfit 19 and Outfit 27), (Outfit 11), (Outfit 31, Outfit 32 , Outfit 34 and Outfit 40) respectively. This was a comfy outfit, even though I'm steering away from heels these days. Everything else was basic and looked nice together! I'm pleased with this outfit and will definitely wear it again (though not for the blog!)
Total Cost: $26

No comments:

Post a Comment