Fashions fade, style is eternal.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Outfit 44: Gold Sweater and Accessories





This outfit was a lot of fun for me to put together. I had a few new pieces to play with, and I enjoyed playing up the gold! Plus, it was warm and comfy for an icy day. I'm starting off by talking about my warm outer layer- hat, scarf and coat! I have a few of each to say the least, so I'm hoping to feature those in my blog too!




Coat: JC Penney's - Gift
The coat was an early birthday present from my parents. I have 2 short coats and 1 long one, but they are all at least 3 years old. I really wanted a new coat to update my look while also having something that was long and easy to wear. My old long coat was a pain- it had like 10 buttons and a belt that took like 5 minutes to figure out. So this is a happy medium, and I might even get rid of all three of the old coats now! Talk about cleaning out! A good coat like this is more expensive, but it's totally worth it. We found it on sale, and it's something that will last me for quite a few years. I've received lots of compliments on it- I just love it! And, if you can't tell, it's actually blue... it's a royal blue, not black like the picture might indicate.

Hat: Gift

 My hat was a Christmas present a number of years ago, and I haven't worn it much since. But I really like knit hats like this, so I hope to wear it more. The colors are super fun, so it's a great way to liven up any winter attire!





Scarf: Hand-me-down
The scarf came from my mom's closet- and it was hand-knitted by either her or another family member. I love knit scarves like this- they are so warm and pretty and are made with love! This color looks really great with my coat, which makes it especially cute :)





So, now on to the rest of the outfit!













Sweater: Hand-me-down
The sweater is from my mom's closet, and I love it. It's heavier than I was expecting, and is really comfy. The top of the turtleneck is neat- it buttons down for some extra style! I love the gold thread in it- it looks awesome with the belt and necklace! Adding the lace underneath it was fun too- I think it adds a nice touch and a break in the outfit.



Belt: Target - $0.50
So, I've been waiting to put this belt in my blog! I bought this from the dollar bin at Target- for 50 cents! Talk about a deal! So, I got one in each color- gold, silver, black and pink. They are longer than a size I would normally buy, so I asked my dad to put extra holes in them. After that, it's just a matter of  figuring out what to do with the tail of the belt to keep it together! This is something I saw in a magazine a while ago, and it's evidently the new thing to do. But I love it!


I don't usually include my headbands in my blog, but this is an exception. It's something I played around with more last year, but wanted to bring it back for this outfit! I just happened to have the gold ribbon, and I like the width of it so it's a perfect size for a headband. I just put my hair up in a ponytail, wrap the ribbon appropriately and tie it at the base of my neck before securing it with bobby pins and taking out the ponytail! It usually stays in all day without any problem, and is super comfy. Easy to do, and very inexpensive!

The earrings ($0.79, Outfit 8Outfit 18), necklace ($5, Outfit 8, Outfit 16, and Outfit 38), jeans ($20, Outfit 12, Outfit 18, and Outfit 32) and boots (gift, Outfit 19, and Outfit 30) have been in previous outfits.
Total Cost: $26.29

No comments:

Post a Comment