Fashions fade, style is eternal.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Outfit 39: Professional Dress




Since I had a speaker to go to tonight that required my dressing up, I decided to spend the first part of my day in sweatpants and a T-shirt until I had to put on my heels and blazer. Each part of my outfit was a steal, and I love how it all came together! I had quite a few things I'd never worn before!
Blazer: CHKD Thrift Store - $7

The blazer was my only thrift store purchase for this outfit- and it was definitely quite a find. I bought it a couple of weeks ago at a CHKD thrift store, and when I saw how well made it was, and that it was only $7 I knew it would be a good investment. The blazer from Outfit 37 is shorter, more fitted, and a little bit trendier, and this one is more professional and sleeker. I figured I would try it out for tonight!



Since the outfit has much more personality to it without the blazer, I wanted to take a picture of that too! I really like the idea of having a bigger top and tucking it into the high-waisted pencil skirt, as it looks more professional and is more modest, generally. It worked with this outfit quite well, and while I kept the blazer on, I could have gotten away with taken it off during the speaker.
Shirt: Target - $3



I bought the shirt from Target on a clearance rack (of course) about a month ago. I got quite a few things on clearance that trip, and I was really pleased with this! It's longer, as you can see I tucked it in, so it doesn't have much shape to work with. But for $3 I was willing to see what I could do with it!

Skirt: Target - $8

The pencil skirt was also from a clearance rack of Target, when I went through my "need professional clothes" phase. It only cost me $8, and this is the first time I've worn it! Because it's a looser fit I hadn't figure out the best way to wear it, but I think I finally found the right outfit for it. I love the bow style on the front too- it gives it some more character.

Earrings: Christmas Gift
 My earrings were a Christmas present from my "brother." He's one of my best friends, and because we're so close we consider each other brother and sister. These earrings are very pretty and dainty, and I like them because they are classic. They definitely matched the style and the design of my shirt, so I thought they looked great with my pearls and outfit tonight!



My shoes ($12) were in Outfit 25, and my necklace ($4) was in Outfit 10 and Outfit 26. I'm really pleased with how this outfit turned out! It wasn't the most comfortable, but I think it was quite classy and professional. Definitely made having to get dressed up on a cold day more bearable. 
Total Cost: $34

1 comment: