Fashions fade, style is eternal.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Outfit 25: Thrift Store Flower Dress

Not sure what's going on with my eye... but here's the outfit!
I finally made it back to church today! One of my good friends and I had discussed hanging out for a bit today, and since we've gone to the same church we decided it would be a good way to start the day. So my outfit is definitely dressier, but I actually have a lot more dressy clothes than I thought. For the surprisingly hot weather this outfit ended up being perfect! After church, my boyfriend took us out to lunch at a seafood restaurant, where we got to sit out over the water and watch the birds. It was absolutely beautiful.

Dress: Village Thrift - $3

I bought the dress the same day I got the orange one (that got wet in the rain). I tried it on, and it fit perfectly! For $6, I knew it was worth it. Even though I have a lot of dresses, I actually don't have anything like this one, so I had to have it. And, when I got to the counter, I found out that it was half off! So, I got the dress for $3! I absolutely love the pattern and the style, but my favorite part is probably the neckline. I like that it's a little off the shoulder- it adds a unique touch to it.
Cardigan: Forever 21

 I bought the cardigan at least 5 years ago from a clearance rack at Forever 21. It has more than paid for itself! It's surprisingly well made for being from Forever 21, and I wear it all the time. I actually wore it to a friend's birthday dinner at Salsa's a month and a half ago, and left it at the restaurant! I was so heartbroken, but I called them the next day and they still had it! I really lucked out.


Shoes: Ross - $12
I bought my shoes from Ross back in the spring. I am so hard on my heels that I've gone through numerous pairs of black pumps, and I was once again looking to replace a pair that weren't worth re-heeling. So when I was in Ross one day, I decided to take a look! And sure enough, I found a great pair! These have a little bit more style because they have a snake skin texture, but I've found that they're still just as classy and work with just the same things as a regular pair would. And, I love the cut of the shoe from the heel to the toe- it's a sweetheart shoe line? These were only $12!

I've worn all of my jewelry before in various outfits. The earrings I've worn in Outfit 5, the necklace in Outfit 14, and the bracelet in Outfit 10, and Outfit 15. I think this outfit turned out great for a Sunday morning!
Total Cost: $15

No comments:

Post a Comment