Fashions fade, style is eternal.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Outfit 47: Gray and Bright Colors Dress

I'm really happy with how this outfit turned out! I've worn the dress only a couple times before, and remembered it being really short. So I hesitated to wear it again, until now! I love the colors, and I love how awesome it looks with black leggings! It was perfect for a cold day, and even though I had to throw on an extra sweatshirt to stay warm outside, it was totally worth it.

I will take just a minute to discuss leggings though. I'm not including a picture, since they're leggings (Ross - $6), but I would really just like to emphasize that leggings are not pants. No matter how skinny or in shape you are, the color or texture of the leggings, they are the equivalent of tights- you do not wear them on their own! Pants must be worn over them, or a dress long enough to cover what you don't want to share with the rest of the world. Now, there are plenty of girls who don't really care to hide anything- still, for the sake of people like me who do NOT want to see what you have under your tights- PLEASE PUT ON SOME PANTS!

Dress: Village Thrift - $10

Okay, so moving on. The dress was an incredible find last year at my favorite thrift store- Village Thrift! It was on the rack of clothes that haven't been worn- so it still had the original tags and everything! It only cost me $10, which is an awesome price for such a great piece. It is modern and trendy, and I love the colors in it- it goes with almost anything. Paired with a belt and sweater, it pulls it together quite nicely with the boots and leggings!


Bracelets: Hot Topic - $7
The bracelets were a lucky and unexpected find. One of my wonderful friends at home got a few things for Christmas from Hot Topic she wanted to take it back. So we went to the mall one afternoon to see if she could return it for store credit (she didn't have a receipt) and took a look around the store for anything that would be worth getting! After she had found a couple things she wanted, she told me I could pick out something if I found anything, to use up the rest of the store credit! I found this set of bracelets, and immediately fell in love. I love the colors and how sparkly they are! They look great with anything silver or black, and I'm really quite pleased with them. They were only $7, too!

The sweater ($12) was in Outfit 14, Outfit 33, and Outfit 38. The belt was in  Outfit 6Outfit 13, Outfit 26, and Outfit 37. The boots ($20) were in Outfit 46. The necklace ($3) was in Outfit 33 and the earrings were in Outfit 2
Total Cost: $58 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Kelsey

    OMG your blog is so awesome!!!!
    You should update more!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete