Fashions fade, style is eternal.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Outfit 45: Pink Sweater


This outfit was really comfy and relaxing for a long day. For some reason it was quite a struggle to stay awake and motivated throughout the day- my morning coffee wore off earlier than I expected, and I was burnt out by like 6PM every night. So it was nice to wear something comfy that wasn't too involved to put together! The reason I'm showing the coat again is because of the hat and scarf- I'm trying to feature them in my blog. Also, you can see the blue of the coat in this picture much better than the last post!


Hat: Lands End: $12.95 (Gift)

The hat was a Christmas present- I needed a new one that actually kept me warm! It's from Lands End, and is so comfy I would have one in every color if I was shopping still (haha)! I know that they cost $12.95, which is a deal for such a great hat. And they have matching gloves you can get, of course! But I didn't need any of those.


Scarf: Hand-me-down

The scarf is handmade. This is another one my mom passed on to me. I'm not sure if she made it or if someone else did, but she doesn't wear those colors as much, and she asked me if I wanted it! I've really fallen in love with the hand-knitted items in my wardrobe, especially the scarves, so I took it! And it goes great with almost anything, but especially the pink sweater in the rest of the outfit!


Here's the rest of the outfit now! Ignore the sweatshirt in the last photo- I wore that simply because it was cold out and was another layer. I don't consider it part of the outfit!







Sweater: Hand-me-down
The sweater is another addition from my mom's closet! She had two that are like this- one pink and one blue. I have them both now! They are quite comfy and I like the style. The empire waist is always flattering, and I like wearing tank-tops underneath most of my sweaters, so this is a perfect combination. It's also a much more conservative cut, and I like that. I guess I'm really starting to grow up...



The necklace (gift) was in Outfit 14, Outfit 25, and Outfit 31. The jeans ($20) were in: Outfit 12, Outfit 18, Outfit 32, and Outfit 44. The boots ($10) were in Outfit 43. Finally, the coat (gift) was in Outfit 44
Total Cost: $30

No comments:

Post a Comment