Fashions fade, style is eternal.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Outfit 17: New Orange Dress

Orange and brown... it's definitely fall!




So, I obviously fail at staying away from the color orange. Considering I bought this dress on Friday, and said I wouldn't be wearing orange as much. Oh well. I LOVE this outfit so much. It took me a while to get used to, because it's a little different for me, but I've fallen in love with it. However, it did not mix well with the rain today, and I probably only had the outfit on for a total of 6 hours. You can see the wet spots on my dress :( I'll probably try to wear it differently soon. :)




Dress: Village Thrift - $2.50
My dress was a discovery at Village Thrift a few months ago, actually. I tried it on, and liked it a lot, but wasn't really sure about it. Since I didn't have anyone else with me that time, I rationalized that when I came back with someone, if it was still there, I would get their opinion and then buy it. Well, two months later, it's still there! I took my sister thrifting for the first time, and this was one of my finds. While it's a little big on me, it's a perfect relaxed dress. I absolutely love the length of the skirt, and as orange seems to be becoming my new favorite color, the color is great too! It's definitely a great dress for the fall season. I got this dress and another, and when I got to the register I found out they were half off! So, instead of being $5, this dress was only $2.50! What a deal!
Cardigan: Target - $5

My jacket/cardigan I've had for a few years, and I'm pretty confident I got it off a clearance rack at Target, so I'd imagine it was about $5. It's a great jacket, especially for the amount of brown I've been wearing. It also looks awesome over a long-sleeved shirt or sweater, so it will probably be a part of my wardrobe pretty quickly!




Boots: Payless Shoe Source - $12
My boots are certainly a favorite. I can't even begin to describe how upset I was when they got soaked in the rain today. I don't have rain boots right now because my old ones broke, and so I thought by wearing boots with a heel I could stay a little bit dryer. Well, they are currently hanging off of my handlebars on my bike to dry out. I love these boots though- they're a really pretty brown color (not that you can tell from this picture) and the gold buckle is really cute. The cut of the top definitely adds more style to the boots too! They go great with almost anything. And, I only paid $12 for them 5 years ago at Payless!
Ring: Forever 21 - $3.80 (Gift)

My ring is brand new! I went to the mall with my boyfriend on Friday, and he humored me while I explored the jewelry in Forever 21. Sure enough, I found a new butterfly ring! I love the colors of it- especially since orange is a new favorite color of mine. And, being the wonderful boyfriend that he is, he bought me the ring! I absolutely love it. 

Earrings: Claire's?

My earrings are quite old, as I've had them for years and can't remember when I got them. I'm almost positive that they're from Claires and from the sale area, but I couldn't say for sure. The colors matched today's outfit perfectly, with the gold and the orange beads!
My belt was pictured in Outfit 3.This outfit was a lot of fun to wear- even though the rain was miserable!
Total Cost: $19.50

No comments:

Post a Comment