Fashions fade, style is eternal.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Outfit 9: Purple Dress and Music Necklace

Dress: $16- Target


So, late last night when I was finishing up studying for my test this morning, I asked my sister to pick out my outfit for today! When I told her that I hadn't worn a dress in over a week, she looked at me like crazy! It is pretty surprising though- I have 41 dresses in my closet right now, and love to wear them.

So, today's outfit is my purple dress! I bought it last summer at Target for $16- and it's been a favorite since. I like to wear it with leggings and boots in the winter, because the purple is always in season!

Dress: Marshall's
The shirt underneath the dress is actually another dress- but it's fitted really oddly and is thin material, so it's almost see-through. I've had it in my closet for at least 4 years- and kept holding on to it for some reason! When I recently went through my closet, I thought about putting these two together, and my sister made me try it on last night. Sure enough, it was a perfect match!
Shoes: Gift from Mom!
 The shoes were a surprise gift from my mom last semester! She gave them to me over Spring Break because she didn't wear them, and thought I'd like them. Not only do they fit perfectly, but they're one of my favorite pairs! I get compliments all the time about them- and they go great with silver and gold! I also don't wear a lot of peep-toe shoes, and these shoes may have converted me... :)


Necklace: Gift
My music necklace was a gift over 4 years ago from a boyfriend at the time. While he got me a few pieces of nice jewelry, this was the only piece that really meant something to me. I love music, and it was sweet of him to recognize that about me and get me a necklace. That, and it was a total surprise!





My earrings and my ring I've worn before- both for Outfit 4! They were great accents for a simple summery outfit!
Total Cost: $24

No comments:

Post a Comment