Fashions fade, style is eternal.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Outfit 2: Black Skinny Jeans and Vest

80 degree weather- perfect for my long-awaited outfit!



Today the weather was just right for me to wear my outfit- finally! On Sunday evening I went to Ross with my sister and her roommate and found these black skinny jeans, that fit perfectly! They were only $13, and I had just been talking about how I needed new jeans, so it was a no-brainer. Though we waited in line for way too long (I forgot it was Labor Day weekend or I wouldn't have gone) I knew they'd be worth it! So, I've been trying to pick the perfect outfit for my new jeans!





Vest: A hand-me-down!

I wanted to wear something a little bit edgier- so I pulled out a black striped vest. One of my good friends was cleaning out her closet about a year and a half ago, and let me take what I wanted! I love the vest, because it doesn't cover up my outfit but gives it a different look! And, instead of a belt, it's a great way to accent my waist!




Shirt: $5- Forever 21



I know it's kind of boring, but this blue shirt is one of my favorites. I got it probably 3 years ago at Forever 21, and it's starting to finally wear out. But I love this bright blue color, and having a comfy, fitted, long, basic tee is so underrated. You can never have too many basic pieces!






Belt: Purchased with slacks.


I've actually never worn this belt before. I needed something though- and it's a great belt! It came along with a pair of slacks I bought 2 years ago from Kohl's- and it goes wonderfully with the jewelry! It adds just enough character to pull the outfit together.



Bracelet: $4- Forever 21

Now for my jewelry! The bracelet is from Forever 21 (of course), and has been one of the best purchases I've made as far as jewelry goes. I'm not really that big on wearing bracelets, but this one goes with almost anything I wear. It's silver (though it's not quite as bright as it used to be...) but for only being $4 3 years ago- it's definitely been worth it!



Necklace: In a set for $6- NC


The necklace was a find from over Spring Break. I was in Winston-Salem with my boyfriend, and we went to the mall in town to hang out. One of the stores we went into (I can't for the life of me remember what it was) had some great jewelry for really cheap- I got the necklace in a set with some matching blue earrings for about $6, if I remember correctly. I absolutely love it! I can't wear it often, since it's so big and colorful, but it's one of my favorite pieces.



Earrings: Lost and Found!


These silver earrings were a lucky find back in May! While closing at work, we discovered that someone had left behind a pair of earrings! Having nothing like them, I was quick to snatch them up. I've worn them often since- they're very light, and are just the right style for me. 







Since my shoes were the same as yesterday, (Outfit 1) I won't include them in my pictures :) I've enjoyed wearing this outfit- it's a different side of me and is a lot of fun. And, again, I got to wear two new things!


Total Cost: $48

No comments:

Post a Comment