Fashions fade, style is eternal.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Outfit 4: Red, White, and Blue

Red, white, and blue- Proud to be an American.



As today is September 11, I wanted to wear something very American. For me, that means a mix-match of red white and blue. Thus, here is today's outfit!

Since I didn't take a separate picture of the cardigan, I'll talk about it first. It was a great find at Ross back in March- only $7! I needed an off-white sweater, and it's worked perfectly as a cover-up for dresses, going out, or any outfit that needed a little something added. It's also a very flattering neckline!




Jeans: $40- American Eagle


My jeans are from American Eagle, of course. I got them over winter break with a gift card I received for Christmas! They're a dark wash skinny jean, as you can see, and I love them. Dark jeans always look a little bit dressier, and skinny jeans go well with almost anything! I think they cost around $40, just like my pair from yesterday.



Shirt: $10-Kohl's


My red shirt was something that I got from Kohl's quite a few summers ago. I didn't have anything else like it (and still don't) and it was for a great price! I'm sure it was probably around $10. It's very comfy, and is a fun style. I don't wear a lot of red, and I try to stay away from halter tops during the week because I don't want to look like I'm going out when I'm just going to class or to meetings. But, it's very flattering and works well with the outfit!





Belt: Probably Kohl's?

My belt is at least 5 years old- I can't even remember when I got it, or where it's from! It's probably a little small now, since I think I grew hips between getting it and wearing it now. But, it has served me well. It's comfy and is just what I needed to go with the jeans.




Ring: $3.80- Forever 21

 My butterfly ring is, of course, from Forever 21! I got this ring back in July when I first found out that there were butterfly rings on the market! When I had gone into Forever 21 and bought my first two original butterfly rings, I fell in love with one of them and wanted to get a second one for my sister. When I went back to the store the next day, there weren't any left! Instead, there was this ring, which I wasn't as crazy about. But now my sister and I have matching rings, and I have totally fallen in love with it!



Earrings: $4.80 in a set- Forever 21



My earrings are from Forever 21 too! They were purchased when I went shopping with a few of my good friends a couple years ago. They came in a set, but I can't remember what other earrings were with it. These are one of my favorite pairs- they are very different, and quite classy.






My shoes are the same from the first couple of days (Outfit 1), so I won't include them. With the weather cooling down, this outfit was PERFECT for today. And for remembering September 11th. I felt proud wearing my country's colors. 
Total Cost: $66

No comments:

Post a Comment