Fashions fade, style is eternal.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Outfit 7: Chem Lab and Camo


Ready for Chem Lab!





Well, I was going to wear a much different outfit today, but then realized that I had chem lab this morning. Quite a change in plans. So, I already know what I'm wearing for tomorrow! Today's outfit is a bunch of oldies- the jeans and the shirt I've had since mid-high school, so at least 5 years! But, it's comfy and was something that  I didn't care too much about if I split acid on and ruined it.
Jeans: Kohl's
These are probably my oldest pair of jeans- you can see they are completely torn up at the bottom- I don't think there's anything left on the hem! I begged and pleaded to get these jeans when I was a junior in high school. I fell in love with them- the style was much more casual, loose, and not as fitted. My mom wasn't as convinced though- she wasn't so sure I'd wear them. Well, they've lasted me longer than any other pair! This past winter, they got a pretty bad hole in the upper thigh area, and I was sooo disappointed. But, my boyfriend decided he wanted to start sewing, and brought a sewing machine back to school after winter break, and lovingly fixed my jeans :) 


Shirt: JC Penny's

My shirt is equally as old as the jeans, I believe, and I'm surprised it still looks so nice! It hasn't lost it's shape at all. I'm sure I got it because it was green, and it still fits well and looks nice, so I've just kept wearing it!



Belt: Came with the Jeans

My brown belt came with the jeans! This angle is kind of awkward, but I wanted to show the beads and crystals that are on it. I love it so much! It only fits on these jeans, as the belt is quite wide, but hey, it's lasted me forever so I'm gonna keep wearing it!




Shoes: Village Thrift- $5
 My brown shoes are a recent buy- from Village Thrift 3 weeks ago- and for only $5! I knew I had to get them as soon as I saw them. But, the more I've worn them, the more they've hurt my feet. I think they might be just a little too small for me. Regardless, they worked for chem lab (I needed closed toed shoes) without making the outfit look out of place.



Bracelet: $1- Target

My bracelet is from the oddest place- the Target dollar bin! Two years ago when I was in Target I picked it up, and thought it was super cute! The beads are fun colors, and it's definitely very earthy. I think it's just fabulous, and am so glad I got it!


Earrings: Claire's


My earrings are just as old as the jeans and the shirt- and I'm sure they were on clearance at Claires, because I got them before I knew what Forever 21 was. They match the outfit perfectly- but otherwise I don't have any real attachment to them. They're cute, sparkly, and they dangle, which is probably why I got them in the first place!






This outfit is quite old- but still wonderful. Since I got most of it years ago, I'm not going to include them in the cost. Partly because I don't remember, and partly because I feel like if I'd had it this long it's certainly paid for itself. 
Total Cost: $6

No comments:

Post a Comment