Fashions fade, style is eternal.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Outfit 3: Jeans and Oxford

Casual Friday!




It's Friday, which means that I have one class and gym plans for the afternoon. I try to keep my outfits a little bit simpler, just because I never know if I'll actually end up wearing it for the rest of the day. And, I'm all about being comfortable! The weather is supposed to get up to around 80 today, and with the AC up in my room that means jeans!







Jeans: $40- American Eagle
So today I'm wearing my favorite pair of American Eagle jeans and a comfy pink button-up. The perfect pair of jeans is an absolute necessity for any wardrobe. I bought this pair over winter break, for about $40. They weren't cheap (for my budget), but you don't want to skimp on jeans because they need to fit right and be something you want to keep wearing. These are the artist style, and I love them. I can easily dress them up or down! http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?catId=cat90120&productId=1435_7951



Belt: $20- Kohl's

Even with the right jeans, you almost always need the right belt. At least, I do. The belt I wear with these jeans I've had for probably 4 or 5 years- but I didn't start wearing it until last year. It's brown with a gold buckle, and is a perfect basic accessory to an outfit.




Shirt: $3- Massey Cancer Thrift Store
The pink Oxford button-up is actually from the Massey Cancer Thrift Store in Richmond VA. When I was hope back in July, my mom and I did a little shopping. She took me to her newly discovered favorite thrift store, and I picked up quite a few really nice things! This was one of them- it's an Eddie Bauer, and was only $3! It's a timeless piece, so I hope to have it for a while! Pink is also becoming a favorite color, if you couldn't tell.

Shoes: $10 Charlotte Russe
 My brown flip-flops are getting worn out, but they've my favorite pair! One of my old friends bought them from Charlotte Russe for less than $10 a couple years ago, without trying them on. When she finally did, she realized they didn't fit! So, I got a brand new pair of flip flops for free! Since I've been wearing more golds and browns recently, I'll probably have to replace them after this season. But for now they're perfect!



Pearls: Christmas Gift
My earrings and necklace are my pearl set. Another timeless necessity, pearls are a must-have for any woman's attire! They go with anything and everything, and can take an outfit from normal to classy and sophisticated instantly. My pearls were a gift my junior year of high school, I believe. I asked for them for Christmas, because I was required to have them. I was heavily involved in chorus in my high school days- I was in 2 select female groups, I was student director for one, and I went to All-Districts a couple times and All-State once. And I had a few solos here and there- one that I even got to perform in Disney World! Anyway, enough about chorus. Point is, I love my pearls, and am so glad to have them!

Ring: $4.80- Forever 21

My ring today is another one from my butterfly ring collection! Again from Forever 21, it's super pretty and I'm so glad my friend convinced me to get it! It's light pink, gold, and sparkly! "Delicate and elegant" as my friend said. So true! And, it matches my shirt! http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=acc_rings_pins&product_id=1083058595&Page=all&pgcount=25

Headband: $2 for a set- Big Lots



The last thing I'll talk about today is my headband! I usually have one on, because it keeps my hair out of my face. I bought this headband in a pack with others- they are all earthy tones, and I love this one especially because it matches my pearls!






So, only one new thing to wear today (the ring) but I'm loving this outfit! I feel confident and classy :)
Total Cost: $77

No comments:

Post a Comment