Fashions fade, style is eternal.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Outfit 18: Gold and White Blouse

Ready for the rain...





Finally... I have strayed from orange! I had some trouble picking out this outfit knowing the weather, so I went for boots again. Luckily, this plan worked better because they aren't suede! And, I picked jeans that are already a little worn but still look nice. So, even though I got soaked this evening, I was pretty good for the rest of the day!





Blouse: Hand-me-down
I got the white and gold blouse from one of my friends! Two of my friends went through their closets around the same time and I happened to be around when they were looking to give stuff away, so I got the blouse for free! It's so pretty, and it works well with jeans or with a suit. I love the colors too! And, the satin ribbon :)


Tank Top: American Eagle: $8

My brown tank-top is from American Eagle. I got it for $8 3 years ago on a clearance rack! I love it because it's very flattering, and even though it's form fitting it doesn't cling to me in the wrong places. I like the detailing on the top, and the color is great! Looks awesome with gold for today's outfit!


Boots: Payless Shoe Source

I've had my boots for at least 4 years now. Like my boots from Outfit 17, they are from Payless! I don't remember how much they cost, because I've had them for so long, but they were my first pair of boots. While the heel is a little bit higher so they hurt my feet after a while, they're super cute and dress up any outfit!




Necklace: Christmas Gift

The necklace was a Christmas gift from my god-family! I don't have another necklace like it, and I love the gold and hearts on it. I just think it's so pretty! I also like that I can wear it with an edgier look but also a dressier outfit.



Bracelets: Village Thrift - $1
My bracelets are from my favorite thrift store- Village Thrift! I picked them up about a month ago, for only $1! I'm not usually a fan of bangles, but because they were gold and silver and I'm often wearing a mix of the two, I thought they could be fun. And I figured for only a dollar it was worth seeing if I could incorporate them in my outfits! I was pleasantly surprised- even though they're definitely pretty noisy.




My jeans ($20) were in Outfit 12, and my earrings ($0.79) were in Outfit 8. This was a great outfit for a rainy day, but I'm glad to be able to curl up in sweatpants and relax for a while :) 
Total Cost: $29.79

No comments:

Post a Comment