Fashions fade, style is eternal.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Outfit 20: Comfy Gray Sweater

Oh cold weather...





So, after discovering how much I dislike the rain, I remembered just how much I dislike the cold. Today was the first day I wore a scarf, and I actually pulled out of a pair of mittens! To ring in the cold weather, which I will have to do more shopping for, I decided to wear a sweater!









Sweater: Village Thrift - $5

I got this gray sweater at the end of last week when I took my sister thrifting. It has two very small holes in it that I hope to patch up soon, but it's soooo warm and cozy I had to get it! It's Express too, so I know that it was probably worth it. I only paid $5! I need to figure out other ways to wear it, because I don't feel like this is the best, but it's a start!



Scarf: Gift

The scarf was something that my boyfriend had for a long time- and when he was cleaning things out last year he was looking to get rid of it. Since he knew that I loved to add to my wardrobe, he asked me if I wanted it! And... I said yes. I love that it's green, and it's also really soft so it's comfortable to wear. It looks awesome with solid colors too!
Shoes: Payless? Shoe Carnival?
My shoes are old- I've had them for a long time. Because it was threatening to rain and I didn't want to just put on my regular tennis shoes, I went for these instead. They're nice and comfy, and have a velcro strap! I feel like a little kid again when I wear them. I don't usually wear them, but since I was trying so many new things today, I figured it couldn't hurt! And, it worked, though I don't think they were the ideal match. Black ankle boots would have been better... but I don't have any... yet :)


My jeans ($30) were in Outfit 5, and my earrings were in Outfit 17. This outfit was cozy for today, but I probably won't wear it again because I wasn't that crazy about it. It just didn't seem to mesh together very well. The scarf brought it together, so overall I liked it but didn't love it. 
Total Cost: $35

No comments:

Post a Comment