Fashions fade, style is eternal.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Outfit 36: Blue Gypsy Skirt



This is my absolute favorite outfit of all time. I know I say I have favorites- but this is the one that trumps them all. I love wearing this outfit so much, but because the skirt stands out so much, I try not to wear it frequently. The more I wear it, the more people see me wearing it, and before long that's all I hear, "Weren't you wearing that last time?" So, with the weather the way it was, and my wardrobe depleting (I haven't done laundry in a few weeks), I turned to my favorite gypsy outfit!

Skirt: Forever 21 ($35 6 years ago)
The skirt, 6 or 7 years ago, was a splurge of a purchase for me. I was shopping with my best friend at the time and her mom, and we went to the mall. I'm also pretty sure this was before I could drive- so I've definitely had this skirt for a while! We went into Forever 21, and I instantly gravitated to this skirt- and it was the last one left. I tried it on, and it was a few sizes too big. But, I really was in love. After convincing me to take it to be altered after I bought it, I paid $35 (back in early high school that was a lot of money) and left the store in one of the happiest moods. I feel like a glamorous gypsy, if there is such a thing, when I wear this skirt. I love to spin and watch the skirt fly out- and who can resist the gold sequins? It's amazing.


Shirt: Kohl's ($10 4 years ago)

The shirt is from Kohl's, and I really only wear it to match the skirt these days. I love it, but it's been in my wardrobe for so long I often forget about it! It has glittery thread in it, and is all around extremely flattering. I bought it my senior year of high school, and I think I only paid $10 for it. It has served me well since!

Earrings: H&M - $5


My earrings are from H&M, and I've had them since high school as well. They go with almost anything, and I've had quite a few friends borrow them for different occasions. They're trendy and classy, and match perfectly with this outfit. And even though they don't quite match my pearls, it still works. They were cheap too- only $5!





My shoes were in Outfit 1, Outfit 2, Outfit 4, Outfit 10, Outfit 11, Outfit 13, Outfit 14, Outfit 24, Outfit 26, and  Outfit 27. My pearls were in Outfit 3
So, the total cost for today's outfit is really $0, since I've worn the shoes so much, and have had everything else for a really long time. And, because I can...
Photography: Erin Greer
This was taken 2 years ago when one of my best friends and I decided to do a fun photo shoot. While my outfit's not exactly the same, it's close enough! And this is what I would do to dress it up (curl my hair and add heels). Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment