Fashions fade, style is eternal.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Outfit 28: Green and Gold Vest and Brown Booties






I was just waiting for the weather to cool down a bit so I could wear my new shoes! And I wanted to see if I could get creative with some old things in my closet, so I grabbed the green vest and some of my favorite jewelry. This is what I got!

I honestly can't remember where or when I got the green vest, but I know I've had it for at least 3 years. I don't wear it much because it doesn't really work well with a lot of things that I have, and it's not as functional as it is fashionable. But I do love that it's green, gold and glittery! So pretty, and three of my favorite things! I especially love the neckline and the way it falls, because it's very flattering and feels pretty.
Shoes: Village Thrift - $6
My "booties" as I've learned they're called, were a recent buy from my favorite thrift store! I went thrifting on Friday evening with my sister, and fell in love with these shoes. My sister had to convince me to get them, because I wasn't really sure how I'd wear them. Nor did I have any idea what to call them, and am still questioning how functional they are... they aren't heels, and they aren't boots... so, it's a new thing for me. I did enjoy wearing them today, and I hope I can figure out another way to wear them, and then maybe I'll understand them better!
Earrings: Forever 21 - $4 in a set

My earrings were in another outfit, but I couldn't get a good picture of them. This time I was luckier! They came in a set with a few other pairs of earrings, and I got them all for $4 at Forever 21! I like these because they're a light shade of purple, and I can wear them with almost anything. The sparkle is a little bit more subdued than my crystal earrings, so I like that too. And they match my necklace beautifully!




My jeans ($12) were in Outfit 6, Outfit 11, Outfit 22, and Outfit 24. The white tank top isn't something that I'll talk about in my outfits, because it's so basic and plain, and isn't really a special part of it. The necklace ($5) was in Outfit 22, and the ring ($5) has been in Outfit 1! This was a great outfit for today, and I definitely enjoyed wearing my new booties! 
Total Cost: $32 

No comments:

Post a Comment