Fashions fade, style is eternal.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Outfit 34: Black, Gray, and White Dress

Outfit with the Coat




 Today's outfit is similar to yesterday's, but with a different style to it. I would say that yesterday's was a little bit edgier, and this one has a little bit more "class" to it. And I have a new element to discuss today! I have a lot of jackets and hoodies, but the weather's been pretty warm and I haven't really talked about them much. I've decided to start, and the first will be about my beautiful teal trench coat.
Coat: Gift
This coat was a Christmas present from my boyfriend last year. We were in Target shopping over winter break, and I immediately saw this coat (I had seen it over Thanksgiving break but hadn't gotten it) on one of the sale racks and went straight for it. After I tried it on, my boyfriend surprised me by getting it for me! I have loved wearing it, and get compliments on it a lot. The color is great, and while it's not waterproof (so no, it's not a rain coat) it's really great for the days that can't decide how warm or cold the will be!
Outfit without Coat



The coat definitely makes the outfit look great whether I'm outside or in, but I really do love the outfit itself. I wear the coat so much, so I probably won't talk about it with another outfit, but it really did look so well put together with the black tights and ankle boots today!
Dress: TJ Maxx - $7

The dress was a recent purchase from TJ Maxx. But, I almost got the same exact dress back in the summer when I was shopping for a new dress- and I ended up putting it back. So when I went in two weeks ago and saw this on clearance for $7, I knew that I had to get it. I love the classic colors, and I knew that it would look great in the summer or winter! I really like the way the black tights and ankle boots look with it- a little bit dressier but still fun and trendy!
Necklace: Gift

The necklace was a Christmas present from a close friend two years ago. We had gone shopping at the mall, and one of my other friends had just gotten a crystal set of jewelry that I really admired. So when I was out shopping, I saw something that struck my eye and went over to look at it. I really didn't expect to get it for Christmas! But my friend surprised me by getting this necklace with matching earrings, and they are so gorgeous. Having a crystal set is definitely an essential for a young woman's wardrobe.




My cardigan was in Outfit 25, my earrings in Outfit 5, Outfit 30, and Outfit 31, my bracelet in Outfit 10 and Outfit 25, my boots ($5) in  Outfit 31 and Outfit 32. I totally thought I had already worn my ring, but I guess not! I'll have to picture it next time- it's one of my favorite butterfly rings. 
Total Cost: $12   




No comments:

Post a Comment